Featured Restaurant News
- Make a New Year’s Resolution by taking the #TakeOutPledge for your city, county or the entire Triangle – #TriangleTakeOutPledge. Commit to takeout 1-2 times per week to help save our local, independent restaurants. With that, restaurant owners believe they can make it to sunnier weather. And don’t forget to tip generously!
Wake County Restaurant News
- Blogger Eat Raleigh shared the news that a new restaurant called Berto’s Chimis will open on Friday, Jan. 1, 2021 at 414 Dupont Circle. The Dominican burger joint is the dream of Roberto Diaz and will offer sandwiches with seasoned beef patties or marinated chicken breasts and sides include tostones, maduras, and yucca fries. Get to know them here.
- Over on Twitter, Dawn Morgan dropped me a note letting me know that Arepa Culture will be opening a brick and mortar location at Pleasant Valley Promenade at 6274 Glenwood Avenue in spring 2021. In the meantime, visit their food truck for your arepa fix! Keep up with their progress here.
- Over in Cary, Twitter buddy Burgeoningbaker tipped me off to the fact that Masa Sushi & Ramen, a new Japanese restaurant serving sushi and ramen, has opened at 2757 NC-55 Hwy. in the Lidl shopping center at High House Crossing. Check them out here.
- Looking for all the outdoor dining options in Downtown Raleigh? The Downtown Raleigh Alliance has put together a great list of those options, and they even divided it up by district. Check out that list here.
Durham, Orange & Chatham Restaurant News
- Chapel Hill Carrboro Foodies Facebook group’s faithful leader, Carrie Brogren, shared the news that Sweets by Shayda will be opening her very own pastry shop and cafe at 105 West Morgan Street in Durham. No word yet on an exact opening date, but it is soon as she was recently awareded her certificate of occupancy. Keep up with her on Facebook for an opening announcement.
- And here are a couple of wonderful resources for those looking to dine in downtown Durham or downtown Chapel Hill – Downtown Durham Inc. has an up-to-date listing of the status of each restaurant in downtown Durham. Check out the list here. And the Downtown Chapel Hill Partnership has put together a similar list for Chapel Hill here.
Closings / Cancellations
- Sadly, we learned from Indy Week that Durham’s Criterion Bar will be closing permanently.
- Looking for places to eat out on Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve or on New Year’s Day? Raleigh Magazine has you covered with a list of options. Check it out here.
- Not exactly an event per se, but rather some things to celebrate. Visit Raleigh put together a list of the best restaurants that opened in 2020 in the greater Raleigh area. Check that list out here. And WRAL’s Out and About put out a broader list of Triangle-wide openings in 2020. Check that list out here.
Food Bank Corner
- More people than ever before are turning the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina for assistance, and they need your reliable support to meet the growing need. This holiday season, your gift can be doubled to help twice as many neighbors facing hunger. That means every $10 you give through December 31 can help provide enough food for 100 meals for children, families, and seniors right here in our community. The gift you give provides hope in times of uncertainty. Don’t wait, donate now here! #noonegoeshungry